Monday, November 24, 2008
I love trying many varieties of soup, beside it's easy to make, i can easily run it down the drain without "amused" my annoying sister, if i'm fail. She always laugh at me whenever i failed in baking my cake or buns(most of times are buns and swiss roll hahaa....) and you see, i don't really care about it.
I failed over and over and i just let her laugh over and over too.
This soup contain a lot of low calorie fiber which is good for diet(actually i'm not into diet anymore) and some vitamin c from celery. I won't talk about the potato since all of u already know about carbohydrate and starch hidden in potatoes. So, i'll just write down the recipe
1 medium potato
1/2 cup diced ham
2 cups diced celery
1/2 large onion, diced
3 cups milk
3 cups clear broth
1/2 cup all purpose flour
salt and pepper to taste
-Put potato, onion, celery and ham in a medium pan, add 3 cups broth and bring to boil, cover pan and cook until potato soft. Mix all purpose flour with milk, stir in to the soup and continue stirring until soup thicken. Taste with salt and pepper. Sprinkle with parsley flake when serving.
Thursday, November 20, 2008
Actually, this is my 2nd time of cooking this delicious and spicy beef. I did not get chance to capture the 1st one coz it gone as soon as it done (it was dinner time and i have some friends around) and thats doesn't matter at all coz i know i would cook it again and again.
It seems, i'm addicted to spicy food more and more. Meal without spicy "stuffs" is tasteless now, but sometimes when you cook pasta and etc, there's no way you going to serve it with something like.....SAMBAL. Right?
Thanks to Mba Retno for the recipe, and here is the English version with slight modification.
800 g beef (tender part)
1 tbsp ground corriander
1/2 cup tamarind water
Spice to grind:
15 small red chili
4 big red chili
1/2 big red onion
6 cloves garlic
1 tbsp sugar
-Slice meat into 1 cm thick, then pound it with meat pounder till they're almost flat. Marinate with ground coriander and tamarind water for 2 hours, then bake at 180° C until color has changed. Deep fry in hot oil till brown and set aside.
Heat a tbsp oil and saute all the spices, add meat and taste with salt. Continue stirring until almost dry. Serve warm with plain rice....yummy.
Tuesday, November 18, 2008
I have either spaghetti or dry noodles for lunch/dinner at least once in a week. I'm a big fan of it. Most of time, i buy it outside since i'm not so good in cooking both spaghetti or noodles.
What about noodle soup? Honestly, i hardly eat it!! In the beginning it's very delicious(especially beef noodle soup) but after 5 minutes passed, it will turn to be something like "worm swam in the water" and it is so yuck.
Back to the spaghetti, here's my quick and easy version recipe.
250 g spaghetti, cook as directed
2 bockwurst, sliced
3 bacon, diced
3 cloves garlic, minced
1 tsp mixed herbal seasoning
1 tsp chili flake
2 tbsp toasted pine nut
2 tbsp olive oil
salt, as required
- Heat olive oil, saute garlic over low fire till fragrant, add in bacon and sliced bockwurst, stir till bacon dry. Add spaghetti, season with salt, chili flake and mixed herbal, mix well and sprinkle with pine nut. Serve immediately. Best goes with cream soup.
Friday, November 14, 2008
I was thinking about milling my own sago flour, but where can i get the sago palm..??? hahaa... kidding.
Tuesday, November 11, 2008
Here are the rules:
1. Link to my blog (tagger) on your blog.
2. Write seven facts about yourself.
3. Tag another seven bloggers by leaving a comment on their blogs and letting them know they were tagged and listing them (and their blogs) on your blog.
And here are 7 facts about me:
1. I hate TV since i was small, i would rather read books than sitting boringly in front of the tv, and somehow, i'm addicted to tv series titled "篮球火 / basketball fire" now, starred by "good looking" Jerry Yan
2. I love my mom&dad more than anyone else, i used to cry if they are away for more than a day, back when i was in primary school.
3. Couple years back, as a teenager, i love racing so much and crossing red light is become my bad habit. Once, i race with a friend at 2 a.m. and ended up in hospital with stiff neck and blueblack all over my body
4. I love wearing casual outfit rather than formal one. I've been kicked out of office by my boss, when i wear t-shirt and "supershort" short to work.
5. My both hands are trembling and shaking terribly(which i have no clue why), and thats become the main reason of my blur photography.
6. I hate morning wake up, always active in my free time, but feel super tired or sleepy when its working time.
7. I learn and enjoy cooking/baking so much, though sometimes it ended up out of expectation.
And now, i'm going to pass this meme to the following friends(though i know, some of them maybe not really interested in this):
1. Mba Judith
2. Mba Retno
Repost if you've got spare time and have fun :)
Posted by FF at 8:54 PM
Sunday, November 09, 2008
I bake these cakes few days ago for gathering in a friend house. These are peanut butter cupcake, oreo cupcake and japanese cheesecake. Some of them said, oreo cupcake is my speciality, since i've been bake oreo cupcakes for them couple of times
Tuesday, November 04, 2008
My second attempts of making layered cake. The layers still messy, not much different with my first one.... i need more and more practice.
Like the first layered cake, this recipe also adapted from Aunty Yochana thank you aunty, for sharing such great recipes.